1. Supplies: 2x cardboard donuts, yarn, bodkin needle (or crochet hook or your fingers!) and scissors. The outer circumference of your donut will determine the size of your pompom. The size of the hole in the middle determines the fluffiness.
2. Put the donuts together. Wind about 5 threads at a time, in a manageable length.
3. Line up the ends of your yarn with the edge
of the donut to keep it neat.
4. Keep winding until the donut hole is closed.
5. Cut the pompom open, all around the outer edge.
6. Seperate the cardboard donuts, and thread a piece of yarn through the gap. Tie it in a tight knot to hold the pompom together, and leave the thread long.
7. Trim the pompom so that all the yarn is the same length - use the cardboard donuts as your guide.
8. Remove the carboard, fluff up your pompom, and attach it to a cute baby penguin